During pregnancy, expecting mothers are emotionally and physically weak. They undergo hormonal changes which causes mood swings. Their mind is occupied with several worries and questions about baby’s future, health and the relation with the baby etc. It is not only the future that worries them, but also the physical changes their body undergoes that make them feel low and unattractive. During this phase, supportive role of the partner is very important. The partner should spend maximum time with her and be her strong pillar. All they want is love and concern from their partner. By ignoring their needs and love, expecting mothers can be a victim of depression.
Try to be caring and motivate her. Whenever she is feeling low and stressed, take her out for a walk and exchange each other’s thoughts and worries. Try to cheer her up by talking about good times, moments and stuff that makes her happy. Always remember, the less you partner stays stress free, the healthier will be the growth of the baby. Ignore the mood swings and help her cope with them. Do not lose your patience while dealing with her. Participate in maximum activities with her like, walk, exercise, parenting classes or help her in studying about baby care. Make her feel that you are actively waiting for the baby too.
THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH HER-
– Take her out– Your wife might be bored staying at home and resting most of the time. Take her out for a movie or dinner during weekends; it can be a good change for her and you both can spend quality of time together.
– Go for baby shopping together– It is the best way to bond with her and your baby. Actively participating in baby shopping will give immense delight to your wife and she will be looking forward to share the beautiful moment of baby arrival with enthusiasm.
– Spend quality of time– Create a calm and romantic ambiance at home and spend quality of time with her. Pamper her and make her feel that even after the physical changes her body is undergoing, she will still remain attractive and beautiful for you. With your assurance, she will be motivated and will be less insecure about her future.
– Change your habits for her– Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol or caffeine drinks in front of her if she is an addict. Alcohol can be very dangerous for your unborn baby, so it is better to help your wife quit drinking alcohol completely and also cut down on her caffeine intake.
– Check on her healthy diet– Take care of her and keep a track on her diet. Do not let her feel unattended by you during the time of pregnancy. Make sure she eats healthy food and takes maximum rest.
– Bond with your baby– Try to build strong bond with your unborn baby by keeping your hand on her belly or by talking to your baby. This gesture will help you build strong bond with your baby and your wife.
Always remember, during pregnancy, your wife is super sensitive and tender, make sure you make her feel happy and relaxed. Try to understand her fluctuating mood as she is going through a tough phase of life. With your emotional and physical support and love, you can help her feel secure and beautiful. If you will distance yourself from her, then it can affect your relation in the long term. Stay happy and make your partner happy too!!